Founding of Hydrel AG by Karl Bertsch, pastry maker in Romanshorn, l. Truninger, engineer, Solothurn, Dr. Fritz Egger, lawyer and councilor (1st Chairman) in a decommissioned textile factory directly next to the lake.
The first activity of the machine factory is the conversion of planing and measuring machines from mechanical to hydraulic-electric drives.
1949 – 76
Manufacturing and distribution of the HYDREL needle bushes.
Takeover of the exclusive distribution of INA needle bearings for Switzerland.
Set-up of the fineblanking department (subcontracting of fine-grained parts) with hydraulic presses, which were manufactured in our own machine factory.
Production and distribution of HYDREL needle flat cages made of metal.
Beginning the production of HYDREL fineblanking presses in larger series and worldwide marketing in the USA, Asia, but also Europe.
Design and distribution of HYDREL linear guides and EGIS guide rails.
Start of own production of linear guides in Romanshorn.
INA-Schaeffler KG holds 50% of the share capital of Hydrel AG.
Commissioning of plant 2 in the industrial area Hof in Romanshorn for the production of linear guides and fineblanking parts.
The acquisition of Heinrich Schmid Maschinen- und Werkzeugbau AG in Rapperswil / Switzerland incl. fine-cutting Operation.
Sales of the press construction division.
Hydrel becomes a 100% subsidiary of INA-Schaeffler KG, D-Herzogenaurach.
Certification of environmental management according to ISO 14001 and EMAS Regulation.
Certification QMS according to ISO / TS 16949.
Change of name in Schaeffler Schweiz GmbH.
Takeover of the fineblanking by the Güntensperger Group.